The toolbar provides you with main functions:
- New, Open, Save buttons for a Balanced Scorecard project;
- Buttons to create and delete categories;
- Commands to create and delete goals, related to categories;
Also, commands to create
imported or SQL
- Cut, Copy, Paste category or goal; Item can also be copied
as a text, such Edit menu;
- Move category/goal up or down buttons;
- Undo or redo operations;
- HTML report button helps to generate HTML reports with data
tables and charts.
- Excel Report button, will generate report in MS Excel; Also,
report can be generated using command
- Auto balance button. Will
balance relative weights of goals and categories (the sum of
weights must be equal to 10).
- The last is a special toolbar for functions associated with
- The Strategy Tree represents categories and goals within
- Each category has a weight and performance values;
- Each goal has current value (before "->"),
"->") and relative weight value.
- Metric "Response Time (50->100, weight = 6). Means that
metric "Response Time" has relative weight 6 out of 10 and
current value 50 (if you click on it you will see measurement
unit, %), and the target value is 100.
For category or goal you can have the common information changed.
The common information includes:
- The name of category or goal;
- The relative weight of category or goal (must be between >1
- The description, which is used, when exporting to Excel.
The edit fields represented below will appear only if you deal
with Goal (not Category).
You will be able to specify the current value of the goal
("Value" field), the measurement units (% or Score), Min and Max
You can set your performance increase strategy.
- If you need to maximize the current value to max
value, for instance, if you measure the efficiency of
support in terms of "first-call resolution rate", then use the
maximize optimization. In this case "Max" label with be
highlighted with bold.
- If you need to minimize the current value to min
value, for instance, if you measure the performance of
manufacturing in terms of "items with defects", then use the
minimize optimization. In this case "Min" label will be
highlighted with bold.
It is optional, but you can put down the description of your
measurement method, units, targets in "Target description" field.
More about goal details.