Cafe Business Scorecard with KPIs Prepared in MS Excel
Cafes have very much been an integral part of the global culture in our times with almost everybody having made innumerable visits to such places in their lives. Looking at it from another direction, it presents an interesting opportunity to 'earn' together with 'enjoying' the job of preparing and dispersing the hot drinks.
However, when it comes to managing such a location, one should give the 'enjoyment' a backseat and be more pragmatic in approach. Consequently, a hunt for the probable answers starts.
One of the solutions that come up is BSC. This rests on the fact that a process can be easily taken care of by spotting the factors having significant bearing on the operations.
The indicators can be put together under heads like- Financial, Internal Operations, Raw Materials and Utilities and Employees Training and Development. The KPIs for Financial assessment are- '% jump in operating costs', 'percentage increase in per employee revenue', 'daily revenue generated' and '% climb in annual earnings'.
Internal Operations can be had with KPIs like 'quality uniformity', 'unavailability index', 'number of items offered on the content list' and 'proximity rating'. Raw Materials and Utilities can be gauged using KPIs that relate to consumption of 'electricity, water and paper' and 'fraction bought from Fair Trade Certified Cooperatives'.
Finally, Employees Training and Development can be had with metrics 'staff skill and expertise development', 'fraction of workforce that can be considered to have command over cafe latte art', 'training expenses: revenues' and 'staff capability scaling'.
Why do business professionals choose ready-to-use KPIs?
Read Why do business professionals choose ready-to-use KPIs? to find out the answers to these questions:
- Can a business professional research KPIs on his own?
- How do I avoid typical problems with KPIs?
- Is ready-to-use KPI applicable in my niche?
- Is KPIs' price affordable?
- Can KPIs can be easily integrated in any business environment?
- How can KPIs make the difference to the business?
How to align these KPIs with a strategy of our organization?
Ideally, you need to have a strategy (in a form of a strategy map) before you start thinking about the ways to measure its execution (KPIs).
Don't have a strategy map yet? Use free Strategy Map Wizard to create a strategy map for your current business challenges. The wizard will:
- Ask you several questions to organize your ideas
- Process your answers privately
- Build a professional strategy map for you
The whole process takes on average 6 minutes. Give it a try right now - it's free.
What are the benefits of Cafe metric:
- Cafe BSC focuses on 4 perspectives, which is quite typical for any Balanced Scorecard. KPIs in this package also focus on financial aspects, for instance daily revenue, expected losses due to personnel errors etc.
- Customer perspective includes a variety of measure to assess relationships with clients and their satisfaction with provided food, drinks and services.
- With these KPIs internal processes can be easily optimized. This concerns works of waiters, kitchen, cleaning staff.
Get these KPIs
More ideas on using Cafe KPI
Coffee in many countries is a well-circulated and respected beverage. This observation has given Coffee shops the status of 'interesting places' to interact.
However, managing a cafe asks for a simultaneous pull of a number of aspects like 'financial operations', 'customer perspective', 'internal operations' and 'learning and growth perspective'. By constructing a cafe scorecard, one can easily put the relevant areas in the form of 'measurable indicators' to be monitored on timely basis.
This 'metrics approach' eases the job of cafe management to a significant extent as one just needs to follow these indicators to make sure that these are within the acceptable range. Consequently, the cafeteria can be run with more profits and proper resources utilization.
There has to be an absolute coordination between the supply and demand of the commodity, i.e. coffee. This in turn can be achieved by using the scorecard approach and moving on it for as long as possible. The breaking up of 'aspects that count' into phrases to which values can be assigned is the idea behind the above mentioned path. Summing it all, coffee bar can be effectively looked after by using this 'indicator studded scorecard'.
More useful information for Management Evaluation
- Related metrics and KPIs for: Project Management, Product Launch, Operations, Risk Metrics, Change Management, Resource Management, Communication Measurements, Time Management, Cost Management, Knowledge management, Product Knowledge Management.
- Customers who viewed this item also viewed: CRM Metrics.
Cafe Evaluation Balanced Scoreboard Screenshots
Metrics for Management Evaluation
This is the actual scorecard with Cafe Performance Indicators and performance indicators.
The performance indicators include: financial perspective, % jump in operating costs, percentage increase in per employee revenue, daily revenue generated, % climb in annual earnings, internal operations perspective, quality uniformity, unavailability index, number of items offered on the content list, number of additional services provided, proximity rating, raw materials and utilities perspective, electricity consumption, water usage, proportion of unbleached paper usage, fraction bought from fair trade certified cooperatives, employees training and development perspective, staff skill and expertise development, fraction of workforce that can be considered to have command over cafe latte art, training expenses: revenues, staff capability scaling.
Download or purchase Cafe Evaluation Balanced Scoreboard
Download a trial version of Cafe Evaluation Balanced Scoreboard or purchase a full version online.