Balanced Scorecard to Measure Hypermarket Performance
Hypermarkets normally have mind-boggling numbers of items to be sold. These require a proficient and capable workforce to ensure that processes occur in a streamlined manner.
Also, an efficient integration level with suppliers has to be maintained for keeping the stocks up-to-the-mark.The various directions which are to be kept a check on for achieving the pre-set targets pertain to- Logistics and Suppliers, Social Benefits Initiatives, Internal Operations and Human Resources.
Logistics and Suppliers can be assessed using KPIs such as- 'logistics position', 'number of suppliers', 'level of logistics and communication systems syncing' and 'average integration degree'.
This is one of the most prominent aspects in operating a hypermarket. Internal Operations Perspective can be obtained using parameters like- 'area covered', 'efficiency increase', 'number of associates' and 'number of customer served in one year'.
The Social Benefits Initiatives can be had with KPIs 'number of volunteer hours contributed', 'number of disaster distribution centers managed', 'number of volunteerism programs run in one year' and 'number of environment preferable products offered'.
Finally, the aspect of Human Resources can be attained by assigning values to KPIs such as – 'average absence rate', 'percentage increase in training rate', 'average competence level' and 'cost: benefit ratio per employee'.
Why do business professionals choose ready-to-use KPIs?
Read Why do business professionals choose ready-to-use KPIs? to find out the answers to these questions:
- Can a business professional research KPIs on his own?
- How do I avoid typical problems with KPIs?
- Is ready-to-use KPI applicable in my niche?
- Is KPIs' price affordable?
- Can KPIs can be easily integrated in any business environment?
- How can KPIs make the difference to the business?
How to align these KPIs with a strategy of our organization?
Ideally, you need to have a strategy (in a form of a strategy map) before you start thinking about the ways to measure its execution (KPIs).
Don't have a strategy map yet? Use free Strategy Map Wizard to create a strategy map for your current business challenges. The wizard will:
- Ask you several questions to organize your ideas
- Process your answers privately
- Build a professional strategy map for you
The whole process takes on average 6 minutes. Give it a try right now - it's free.
What are the benefits of Hypermarket metric:
- Evaluation of total number of customers served yearly will offer pretty informative picture. It's also good to compare these figures with those from the previous accounting periods.
- Logistics and communication systems are to be evaluated on a regular basis with hypermarket KPIs.
- Relationships with suppliers deserve a particular attention. Number and diversification of suppliers must be regularly measured.
Get these KPIs
More ideas on using Hypermarket KPI
Hypermarkets are the large shopping spots where you have access to almost anything that exists on this planet. These have in them innumerable options and choices available regarding the brands, types and sized of products.
The incredible alternatives make the management of these giant markets equally demanding. This is to say that operations that go on 'behind-the-scenes' to make the final scenario clean and fast are the ones that ask for paying attention to every single piece of the jig-saw puzzle.
Moving on, the number of suppliers who come into the picture, when it comes to these huge shopping centers also need to be kept involved and informed about the operations that occur at the supermarkets.
Collecting the tid-bits and using these beneficially in case of these giant shopping places is possible with the management strategy like BSC (Balanced Scorecard). This rests on the basic understanding that if one can out down the factors that count in the form of metrics/ indicators, it is possible to track the growth and progress of the place. Also, one can make sure that everything goes well and in order.
More useful information for Management Evaluation
- Related metrics and KPIs for: Project Management, Product Launch, Operations, Risk Metrics, Change Management, Resource Management, Communication Measurements, Time Management, Cost Management, Knowledge management, Product Knowledge Management.
- Customers who viewed this item also viewed: CRM Metrics.
Hypermarket Evaluation Balanced Scorecard Screenshots
Metrics for Management Evaluation
This is the actual scorecard with Hypermarket Dashboard and performance indicators.
The performance indicators include: logistics and suppliers perspective, number of suppliers, logistics position, level of logistics and communication systems syncing, average integration degree, internal operations and perspective, area covered, number of customers served in a year, number of associates, efficiency increase, social benefits initiatives, number of disaster distribution centers, number of volunteerism programs run in one year, number of volunteer hours, number of environment preferable products, human resources perspective, percentage increase in the training rate, average absence rate, average competence level, cost: benefit ratio per employee.
Download or purchase Hypermarket Evaluation Balanced Scorecard
Download a trial version of Hypermarket Evaluation Balanced Scorecard or purchase a full version online.